Introduction to Safeguarding - Target Group:
All newly approved carers, as soon after approval as possible. All other carers who need an update on the basics of policy, practice and research.
By the end of the course, participants should be able to:
• Name and define the categories of abuse
• Recognise some of the possible signs of abuse
• Support children and young people through disclosure
• Identify the roles and responsibilities of different agencies involved in Safeguarding and Child Protection
• Outline briefly the main points of the 4 LSCB Safeguarding Procedures 2007
This course aims to provide basic information only. It does not deal in detail with working with traumatised children, for which an alternative course is provided.
The venue for the training session is Portsmouth City Council, Civic Offices, Guildhall Square, Portsmouth, PO1 2QA. The course will start at 09:30 and finish at 14:30. Please make your way to the 1st Floor and ring the doorbell of the HR entrance. The course will take place in the Nelson Training Room. Lunch is included with this training, therefore if you have any dietary requirements please let us know. Parking is available in the area around the venue.
If you need help with childcare, please discuss this with your Family Placement Social Worker. We are also able to refund travel expenses to and from the venue but you will need to submit a claim form for both travel and childminding expenses, this is available from your FPSW.