Connect 5: 5 Ways to Mental Health and Wellbeing
Connect 5 is an accredited mental health promotion training programme that is designed to increase the confidence and skills of front line staff. The training will support staff to have conversations with people that they work with about:
• Mental health and wellbeing
• Help people to manage mental health needs
• Increase their resilience and mental wellbeing through positive changes
• Provide signposting to local service
Connect 5 aims to support workers, volunteers and organisations in promoting better mental health and wellbeing for the people they work with.
Connect 5 courses are interactive and practical, drawing upon the latest evidence about supporting people with their mental health and wellbeing. The courses support participants to gain skills and confidence and information about practical interventions so as to be able to respond helpfully to people experiencing poor mental health and wellbeing.
• To understand mental health and wellbeing through specific public health models;
• To be aware of qualities and attitudes needed for working with mental health and wellbeing;
• To improve your skills and confidence to talk with people about their mental health and wellbeing;
• To appreciate the value of self-help and understand the resources available to people for this;
• To understand how local mental health and wellbeing services support people and how to help people seek support from them.
Part 1 - 17th September - 13:00 - 16:30
Part 2 - 24th September - 09:30 - 16:30
Part 3 - 9th October 2020 - 09:30 - 16:30
Please book each day separately