This course is for Carers and Residential Staff: It looks to support carers to understand the risks of child exploitation for children and young people in their care: To identify the signs, have an effective safeguarding response and the need for a multi-agency working to support the children and young people in their care.
The aim of this course is to support carers to understand the signs of child exploitation and trafficking, the risks and an effective safeguarding response when children and young people go missing and work in a multi-agency way.
By the end of the course participants should be able to:
• Have a basic knowledge and understanding about child exploitation and child trafficking as child protection issues.
• Understand the nature of risks for particular children and young people who are facing trafficking or child exploitation
• Be aware of how children and young people are affected by sexual exploitation and trafficking and understand behaviours they may present
• Be aware of specific risks, which may present for children and young people who are sexually exploited of trafficked, whilst in safe accommodation.
• Be able to provide an effective safeguarding response to children and young people who go missing
• Be aware of the links between children and young people who go missing, child exploitation and trafficking
• Understand the need for multiagency working and be able to identify the additional support needs of young people and carers.