Leadership in dementia Care delivered by Dementia trainer Buz Loveday
This one-day split over two consecutive days course focuses on the knowledge and skills needed to lead a staff team to provide person-centred care to people with dementia.
Delegates must attend both part 1 & 2 to complete the course.
Who should attend?
Anyone with an understanding of dementia and person-centred care who works in a senior role within a service that provides care or support to people with dementia.
This course is a virtual course run via Zoom or Teams - joining instructions will be sent to via diary invite a week before the course date.
Please note, this course will have regular breaks for participants so please ensure you take yourself away from the screen. The course is aimed to be interactive.
The aim of the course is to provide you with the knowledge and skills necessary to lead a staff team supporting people with dementia. This will be achieved through an interactive session involving the use of powerpoint, video, various group activities and handouts to back up all the learning.
By the end of the session, delegates will:
• Understand the key drivers and policies which influence national dementia strategy and service development
• Be aware of what constitutes best practice in the care of people with dementia and be able to appropriately address poor practices
• Be able to plan care to promote the use of appropriate, specific, evidence based interventions that meet the needs of the individual with dementia
• Be able to use a person-centred leadership style
• Understand the leader’s role in promoting learning and reflective practice
• Understand the importance of collaborative working and effective communication within the team to ensure best outcomes for people with dementia
• Be able to contribute to the development of practices and services that meet the needs of people with dementia
• Understand the importance of striving for continual service improvement in dementia care and recognise factors that influence staff motivation
Please be aware that by making this booking and agreeing to the terms and conditions, you are confirming you have your managers authorisation to attend this training and are aware of the cancellation/non-attendance charges that apply.