Page 1 of 1
This is a one day course including theory and practice
Who Should Attend?
New staff whose role directly or indirectly involves the handling of people should attend this course.
|Session||Session Date||Session Time||Session Venue||Map|
|1||10 September 2021||09:30 - 16:30||Paulsgrove Housing Office (Discovery Training Room)||Map|
Preparation for Permanence Target Group
All carers. Please note that this revised course content includes moving children onto adoption.
By the end of the course, participants should be able to:
• Demonstrate an understanding of the process of moving children onto an adoption placement and explain the effects on all parties
• Recognise the crucial role of Foster Carers working in partnership in this process
• Outline the theoretical basics of attachment building and its application to adoption
• Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of Life Story Work
• Acknowledge and explore own feelings in relation to moving on
CWDC Outcomes: 1.1ab, 1.2b, 1.3ab, 2.1b, 2.2ab, 2.3a, 2.4abc, 4.4b, 4.5b, 5.1abc, 5.2a, 5.3a, 5.4c, 5.6abc, 6.5a, 7.1ab, 7.2a and 7.3bcde